17.1.12

~I've to find what I love~

"You've got to find what you love," Steve Jobs said.

It captivated me the first time my eyes caught it.

After reading it, hani asked me impromptu,"What do u love, K.Liana?"

Without thinking,"Writing..."

After pausing for about 1 second, "Painting, playing musical instruments.."

This last part, I put a strong confident tone, "Never teaching."

Hani then smiled, responded,"I've guessed so.."

Don't get me wrong. Teaching has never been my truest passion.  English language is. Things to do with arts, that's my passion.  Being in the educational field is not my forte.  I am more practical than to is academical.

Talking about writing, there was this one drama series back then that has inspired me; Felicity.

It was aired in 1998 and i was 20 years old.  The story is about a girl named Felicity.  She likes to jot down things happening to her. 


There are some other times where she records stuff happening to her onto a cassette tape and posts it to her friend.  This drama has given a great impact to me as Felicity sees life beyond it and beneath it. She has her own say in some things in life. I just love Felicity ;) 

     Next, there was this one drama series too, but it was a short one..only a few episodes..what i do remember about this drama is its name is "Queenie". It was in 1987 and i was 9 years old.  Dang, i was really young at that time, heh, and i do remember this drama..impressive.. ;)

What attracted me to this drama was because of its political plot, at that era. Besides, it had this brutal element of society upon women, in those days.  There was this one episode that made me cry and Ibu cried too! Haha..what an impact, right?...  That is what i do remember ;)

      "The Young Riders" is next in my list :) it was aired in 1987 too, the same year as "Queenie".  It has a handsome casting and that is one of the reasons for my still remembering that drama series, haha! 


It's about a group of country guys who deliver stuff to town, when needed.  This drama teaches me the importance of working in a group and working as a group.  
But overall, it's because of the great-looking fellas, haha!  

My fav, at that time, was the bald one in the poster.  in that drama, after doing some googling, the bald one is called Ike McSwain.  He is mute and bald, but that doesn't keep him from being an excellent rider. Ike can be very passionate about protecting people.  What i do remember about liking him is he is a great rider though he can't talk.

Well, i guess that's enough, for the time being..actually, i've a list of my fav drama series that are very close to my heart..Here's the list ;

~ Doogie Howser, M.D (1998)
~ Life Goes On (1989)


~ Full House (1987)


~Nightingales (1989)

~Fresh Prince of Bel Air

~The Nanny

~Alias

     Now, i don't watch drama that much...simply because there are not that so-called morally good drama these days..there are various reality tv series and it's the trend for this millennium..yup...

But deep in my heart, i love those dramas that have moulded me and i owe that to them.

Merci beaucoup ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment