10.1.12

~Ur weakness might b Ur strength~


Salam

ha, another entry from me resulting from the recent occurences in my life. my main weakness is to talk things over with people ie consulting or counselling. i'm really bad when comforting people crying simply because i myself seldom cry. not that i haven't cried before but i just rarely do that. i would cry only for a matter of life and death. i will not write about other things here ie please focus on the topic.

ok, back to my story, i normally just let them cry their hearts out and i just watch silently because it's either i'm cracking my brain of what to say and do next or maybe i am also tearing apart but can't actually execute that because what on earth will happen if both of us end up crying?? so, whether i like it or not, i have to b the stronger one to hold my tears back and i'm now immuned of not easily being a teary one. well, i tend to possess that trait since i have 3 brothers after me that i've never witnessed them cry. so, u can imagine me owning a very independent spiritual side. it's a blessing for my future hubby as he will never have a problem of comforting me and such. but, what if, if he is the teary one? OMG, S.O.S then. lol.

ok, i am a good listener by nature but when i open my mouth to console people, that, fear i might worsen the issue. fuhh, being a teacher has turned me into somebody that can be fit into any shoes. that's a practice, huh. yeah, practice makes perfect. i love learning from my students.  i'm blessed being an educator ;)

my weakness of not knowing exactly what to say and how to act when dealing with people who are having problems and asking me for second opinion and such, has now helped me into being more developed in adapting and applying the skill into better purposes e.g a more balanced me etc.

i love helping people out. i love listening to their problems. i love lending my ears and shoulder to cry on. i love making people smile. the thing that i would have to work harder is the art of communicating, in general. in depth, it's divided into subcategories which no need to be elaborated here. suddenly i feel that i sound nosey. do i sound one? is being caring and thoughtful be labelled as nosey?  with friends, requesting information is thought to be caring but with strangers, that demeanor is portrayed as nosey (now that i've finally got it. i've always thought that i've been a friend but i've been a stranger heh, and forever will be one..ok, ok..got it, got it..i should take up Communication 101. ok,menceceh sorg2. ignore this part in these brackets.)

spiritually, dunno y Allah has granted me to endure this episode of life by helping people with my weakness (huhu!i hope i've eased their difficulties though only verbally). this has occured to me since Rejab and now Syaaban and only Allah knows what'll i face in Ramadhan. well, i've always believed that by helping people, i'm helping myself more. by understanding people, i understand myself better. by befriending people, i'm bonding with myself deeper.

may Allah bless all of us :)

*Taken from fb notes, dated Thurs, 21 Jul 2011*

No comments:

Post a Comment